With their experience in personal injury cases, the attorneys at the Paullin Law Firm are well aware of the challenges that snow and ice present to drivers and pedestrians. Black ice is particularly hazardous. Drivers should avoid driving in such conditions whenever possible. If you must drive, the following tips are helpful:
- Drive slower and allow extra distance between you and the car in front of you
- Brake gently to avoid skidding
- Turn on your lights to increase your visibility to other drivers
- Keep your windshield and lights clean
- Use a lower gear, especially on hills
- Avoid overpasses and bridges wherever possible, as these areas will freeze first and are more dangerous
- Never assume that you are safe simply because you are in a four wheel drive vehicle
Drivers and pedestrians are advised to exercise additional care generally in such conditions.
If you are injured as a result snow and/or ice, the attorneys at the Paullin Law Firm can explain your legal options to you. Call us 804-423-7423 at or contact us online.