23 Sep 8 Ways a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You After an Accident
According to statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 30,057 people across the nation were killed in traffic accidents in 2012. This number does not include all of those who were injured in similar accidents. A J.D. Power study lists drinking and driving, speeding, distracted driving and reckless driving among the top reasons for car accidents during that same year.
If you or a loved one has been in an accident and suffered any type of injury, you might think that you can handle legal and insurance matters on your own. However, you will benefit from speaking with an attorney. If you are wondering about contacting a personal injury lawyer in Richmond, VA, consider the following ways in which a lawyer can help.
- Your legal team can deal with the insurance company and their representatives so that you can focus on recovering.
- Your attorney can review the circumstances of your car accident and provide specific legal advice regarding your case.
- Your lawyer can explain your rights and review the strength of your case, which likely includes several legal elements.
- Your legal team will advise you who to name in a lawsuit. Many of our clients think they should just name one person or company, but more than one party might be involved.
- Your attorney can speak with witnesses and collect related evidence to support your version of events.
- Your personal injury lawyer in Richmond, VA, can make sure that you properly calculate all damages, and can work with you to determine the appropriate amount to request for pain and suffering.
- Your attorney can ensure that the lawsuit is correctly filed in a timely manner.
- Your legal team can help you decide if you should settle or take the case to court. If you do decide to go to court, your lawyer should have the legal experience to represent you well and successfully.
Seeking Fair and Just Compensation
Paullin Law Firm is often questioned about what size of award or settlement a client can expect after an accident. While our personal injury lawyers in Richmond, VA, cannot guarantee how much compensation you will receive, we strive to get the maximum amount possible for all clients. We know what information to submit to the insurance company in order to strengthen your position so that your award or settlement is the best for you.
If you have specific questions after a car accident, truck accident or motorcycle accident call the Paullin Law Firm, PC for a no-obligation consultation at 804-423-7423.